Sunday, July 20, 2008

Nessie Sighting


Disclaimer: Brian wrote this post, so Melissa should be angry at him. Please at least pick me up from the airport.


We are on our way to Inverness, Scottland. This is nearby Loch Ness which is famous for “Nessie” the lochness monster. We originally were planning to visit this body of water ourselves, but were not able to since we are going on a photo excursion instead. We had hoped to do both, but the people at the shore excursion desk felt that 30 minutes between excursions was too tight. We did not want to chance missing the photo excursion since that was more important to us, so we did not want to risk it.


We got lucky today during our day at sea. We happened to be near the front of the ship and spotted something ahead in the water. We believe it to be Nessie and managed to get the attached photo. We are speculating that the monster is on holiday too and has ventured into the open waters of the ocean (probably en route to Venice). What surprised us most was how ugly and stupid looking it is. We were afraid of running into it and damaging the ship. Many guests were running and screaming. Not knowing what else to do, Brian hurled several shot glasses at the creature. These were the exotic and spectacular shot glasses we bought for Melissa. The good news is that it worked and the creature dove down before the ship hit it. The bad news is that Melissa's shot glasses are now forever lost at sea and Melissa will not get any souvenirs.


In reviewing the photo later, we noticed that it has a slight resemblance to Melissa's dog. Either way, it was quite hideous and terrifying.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That has got to be the most hideous thing I've ever seen. YUCK!!!

Melissa and Jonathan said...

I hate you so much. I can't believe you would insult my pricess puppy like that. YOU ARE SO MEAN!!! Amy I will pick you up from the aiport but you have to throw Brian overboard first to retrieve my shot glasses.

MEANIE!

Amy said...

When is this trip over? You've been gone too long. Everyone is off or on vacation today and Dawn and I are dying. Hope you are having fun. We are living through u and your pictures right now. We're so sad! My big day out is Cedar Point next week! =(
Amy (the other one!)=)

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy and Brian, We are just checking in here from the mount. Amy Grindstaff just sent me a page and asked "When is the Frack coming back, 2 East needs her!!" See Amy, you being missed by everyone. I love reading your posts everyday and are glad you are both having a great time. Nothing much is going on here. I had my volleyball playoffs and championship game yesterday and we lost. Now I know how the Cavs must feel. I guess 2nd out of 8 isn't too bad. Ok, that is my report for today. Take care and have fun, Dawn.