Sunday, July 20, 2008

Note to Melissa

I am assuming your news is your reception party. Or is there more news later? So your party is Saturday August 2nd at your house. You really need to get the invitations in the mail (like yesterday)! You could order food from Acme if you want. Their sandwiches and cake are really good. Plus you could get food from RSVP. I can help you either Friday or Saturday. We will talk when you remember to pick us up from the airport.


We talked about our future vacations plans. We are thinking Eastern Mediterranean (include Greece and Egypt) in early 2009, Asia for summer 2009, and Australia in early 2010. That would end our world tour (yes Mom, you can adjust the countdown). You know us, things could change. Think about which ones you guys would like to go on. Start saving now though! If all goes as planned, these trips will put you on 5 of the 7 continents over the course of the next 18-20 months. We may book something soon once we get back and will talk to you guys.


Also please let Brian know that is it okay to sleep extra on Sunday's. I am getting a lot of grief today because I took 2 naps. I did get up early this morning for church and it is an at sea day. I needed to catch up on my sleep but Brian does not understand that. I figured you would be the best to explain it to him. Thanks!


See you in one week!


P.S. Notes from Brian:

We have really started to like bread pudding on this cruise. In the past, we only had it a few times when we went to Amish country. They have a different type everyday in the buffet. Today it was cranberry-apple bread pudding with vanilla sauce (this probably violates some prohibition you have against fruit and bread product combinations – for normal people though: yum yum). We had some in the afternoon with hot chocolate (this cruise is like Alaska when it comes to the weather). While eating it, a piece fell off into my hot chocolate and sank to the bottom. I was a little disturbed, but did not want to let my cocoa go to waste. I figured I would just drink what was on top and leave the last few sips behind with the submerged surprise. We got to talking and I forgot about the incident and took a final chunky swig of my cocoa. It was highly disturbing. It is a little traumatic to recall the story, but worth it knowing that you are probably twitching on the floor right now. I thought it was funny to contemplate how you would have reacted if this happened to you. I still laugh thinking about it.

1 comment:

Melissa and Jonathan said...

Brian your a shit head and I hope the next time your nasty bread pudding falls into your cocoa you get salmonilla poisoning or ecoli.

Amy no there is NO OTHER NEWS. Today Jonathan's mom thought we were hinting around that I was pregnant. I told her just because I am fat and look pregnant doesn't mean that I am :) I just did simple invitations, stamped and addressed them today. They are going out first thing in tomorrows mail. Lucky me I get to run around like an idiot for 2 weeks trying to plan this shindig. Anything easy sounds good to me. We'll talk.

Have fun!

P.S. Brian, Amy is allowed to have as many naps as she wants on Sundays or any other day at sea. Amy if you break one of my shot glasses because you threw it at Brian's head I wouldn't be upset :)