Saturday, July 5, 2008

Less than 1 week to go

Last night Brian and I were talking about in a week we will not get much sleep Friday night. We fly out around 6:30pm and arrive in London 7:00am on Saturday morning. Then we have all day Saturday to see London with little sleep. We usually cannot sleep on planes. It should be interesting.

I continue to read message boards and other blogs about the Jade. I think I have a clear picture of what to expect. I have everything planned out and Brian read the notebook of all of our plans yesterday. He seemed to like it. There are a lot of places we hope to visit. I hope everything works out okay. I am a little nervous about the weather. Please don't rain everyday.

My next project is packing. Now this is something that is going to be very hard for me. I don't usually pack light but I know we have to for this trip. The plan is one large suitcase each and one carry on each. I hope to start packing today. We are not bring the garment bag so no formal clothes for us. On our last trip to Alaska we had 4 checked suitcases and 4 carry on bags! We did not have fun carry it all!

I am going get my work done. We decided yesterday that we are going to do Loch Ness so I need to book that. Also we are not going to book tickets for the London Eye. We are going to see how our first day goes and just book them once we know when we want to go up in it. (You get 10% off if you prebook online). If you prebook, you need to make reservations for a set time and we don't know what time will work best for us right now. Brian is aware of that but we decided not to go with that offer.

5 comments:

Mom said...

TEST LOVE YOU MOM

Amy said...

I am so impressed.

Ward5508 said...

I just wanted to say that I seriously hope we don't forget to pick you up from the airport. Although that would make a sweet blog. I want a shot glass from Loch Ness!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh, I just about died laughing. It would be a funny blog entry but I would not find it funny at the time. :) I will trust that you will be at the airport to get us or no vacations planned for you! I think you picked the most difficult place to find a shot glass. Thanks!

Mom said...

good luck packing