Today we were in Falmouth. We had to tender ashore and it took about 20 minutes. Once we got on shore there were several local people to help you determine what you want to do and how to do it. I knew that we were going to Pendennis Castle but I was not sure how to get there. Of course we could walk but it was uphill and after yesterday's adventure I was hoping for a more relaxing day.
There was a free shuttle to Pendennis Castle that took about 10 minutes. I was excited about that. There was also a free shuttle into downtown Falmouth although we did not go into town. I was glad we did not book any shore excursion though NCL because there were several options that we could do on our own.
Pendennis Castle fires a cannon at 1200. We were up front and got a perfect view of it. We spent several hours walking around the castle grounds and taking pictures. Many spectacular views of our ship and the landscape.
The weather was partly sunny with temperature around 62 degrees. It is a little chilly however as we start going north, it is going to get colder. I did not pack Brian many pairs of pants so he is currently washing a pair. Poor him, I am making him do work. We brought liquid Tide and we have washed a few shirts already and were surprised how fast they dried. The bathroom seems to be very well ventilated and does not stay humid long.
Tonight is dress up night if you want. Remember this is freestyle cruising so you don't have to do anything. We are going to get dressed up. We plan on going to a musical show and then dinner around 8:30pm. We went to a British comedy show the first night and it was fairly good. Last night we missed the shows due to tiredness and blogging. I think the ship has several options as far as entertainment but with this itinerary it is hard to go to a show every night. It is much different than a relaxing vacation in the Caribbean.
After we got back on the ship this afternoon, we went to the fitness center. It is great! There is plenty of room and every cardiac machine has its own TV. You can get free headphone at the desk. Plus the workout equipment is the same brand I use at home so I am familiar with it. Brian was happy there was a chin up bar which he has never had on any other cruise ship we have been on. Overall we have been pretty happy with NCL.
We are on our way to Cork, Ireland. We planned on taking the Titanic Walk there. Hopefully once we get back on our ship, it will not sink. :) Good night!
A note from Brian:
Amy is stealing all of my internet time, leaving me barely enough time to check my email. Viewing local newspapers or even Cavs.com is therefore out of the question. If anything newsworthy happens with the Cavs, someone please post it in a blog comment as that is all that the vacation gestapo will allow me to read.
Job interviews in high unemloyment times
17 years ago


6 comments:
sample
Hi Brian & Amy. Have been emailing you and evidently according to Melissa have screwed it all up. Will try again. Hot Cav news from Mike...Hickson had 26 pts 10 rebounds in his 1st game. Doing well.
Glad you are having a great time, wish I was with you, pictures and stories are great. Am keeping Nanny and Gramps up to date. Love Mom.
Jonathan has requested an actual picture of Brian sweating if you have one. He doesn't believe that it can happen.
Hi kids,
Need pictures of Brian washing his pants or any time of clothes.Will put it on the picture wall. Hope you're having a wonderful time. Love the blog.
Love you
Mom
Hey Amy, Conrad and I are here getting updated on your trip. We especially love the picture of you jogging through Paris. I have kept Denise updated as well. You have been our excitment because nothing fun is going on here. Connie has decided that you are the same as flat stanley, so we will now be referring to you as flat Amy the remainder of your trip. Please note this new name will probably carry on once you return.
Have fun and keep posting, Dawn & Conrad.
Brian did you see that Lebron bought a 2.2 million dollar penthouse in Brooklyn? Does that mean he is moving?
Post a Comment