I cannot believe today is Thanksgiving. I have to so much to be thankful for. I have a wonderful family and many friends. I’m also blessed to be able to do what I love which is traveling the world. We have this great opportunity to see Asia and I’m excited about it. We leave tomorrow. I’m dreading the flight but looking forward to everything else. I checked in the morning on http://www.continental.com. This is not the flight that we have seats in different rows. I still wanted to see how continental’s check in process online works. So I can hopefully get better seats on the way home. We have flown continental many times but also with several other airlines and each of their check in process is a little different. I got us the emergency row to Newark. It is not that we really needed it for that flight but just to see if it was possible. That is good to know for our flight back home. Some airlines only allow you get to the emergency exit at the airport. The Beijing flight emergency row was full. Our flight to Beijing is not too full at this time. Hopefully it will stay that way so maybe we will have an extra seat empty next to us. It’s probably just wishful thinking but worth a try.
Our flight is at 6:25am tomorrow morning. Then we have a 4 ½ hour layover in Newark. We wanted to ensure we arrived to Newark in plenty of time for our connection to Beijing. When we went to Rome several years ago, they cancelled our flight from Cleveland to Cincinnati therefore we missed our connection in Cincinnati to Rome. We flew out the next day, but missed a day in Rome. We did not want this to happen again. There is another Cleveland flight to Newark tomorrow morning at 9:30 am which would still give us enough time for our Beijing flight so hopefully if something went wrong with the 6:30am flight we could somehow get onto the 9:30am flight. I’m always thinking about the worse case scenarios. I just like to be prepared for the what ifs.
I’m still not too happy about Air China’s luggage policy. The carry on bags need to weigh less than 11 pounds. That is hard to do! We are still working on that. Continental carry on bags have to be less than 40 pounds. That is quite the difference! Oh well, see what happens.
We are also starting to take Airborne. Airborne is supposed to help your immune system with vitamins and minerals. I have been trying to drink the supplement for the past hour and half and I still have not finished it. But I will! We don’t want to get sick from the airplane so we are trying it. I’m usually not into the vitamins but it is worth a try. We definitely do not want to get sick and end up in quarantine.
We are going to spend today with our family. My sister in law is having Thanksgiving dinner at her house today so I need to get ready to go. I’m happy that it is not at my house! Tonight will be a busy night for Brian and I as we finish everything up. Oh my, we leave tomorrow!


No comments:
Post a Comment