Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Final preparations

Today I was lucky enough to get the day off. I spent it packing and getting everything ready. The house is clean and most everything is packed! Yea!

The weather has been so nice in Cleveland, we have not needed to wear our winter coats yet. However we will need to bring them to Beijing so I washed them to have them all ready. I did a lot of laundry today. We are planning on bring our coats with us on the plane since we have issues with our weight limit with Air China. I finished packing all of our clothes today. All three of our suitcases are now packed.

Air China weight limit for checked bags are only 44 pounds. For carry on bags, it is only 11 pounds. Right now our suitcases weigh: 34lb, 44.6 lb and 43.8 lb. So it will be close like usual but right now at least I am close to it. The 34lb bag is our garment bag with all of our formal clothes in it. It is hard to make that much heavier since it folds onto itself. We will still have to pay extra for that third bag but I definitely could not pack everything in two bags.

Also on Princess's website there are pictures of our ship. Our ship is currently dry docked since it is getting renamed and going through some renovations. We will be on the first cruise under its new name Ocean Princess. You can check out the pictures at:

http://www.princess.com/oceandrydock/index.html

We still need to pack our carry on bags. Brian usually takes care of most of that. That is because the carry ons are mostly our electronics: computer, cameras, kindles, etc. Brian is now learning how to use the Kindle. I have had mine for about two months but he has not used it. It is really neat. His mom let him borrow hers so we will each have our own Kindle. It is really nice since we will not have to pack a bunch of large books just two Kindles. To learn about a Kindle check out:

http://www.Amazon.com/Kindle

One more day of work then vacation starts! We still have some final preparations but everything seems to be coming together.

No comments: