Last night I went to bed around 10:00pm and Brian went to sleep around 11:00pm. This week I have had trouble sleeping just thinking about everything for this trip but last night I slept well until 3:00am. That is when I got up. I was up before my alarm like usual.
My parents picked us up at 4:30am. That was very nice of them. It was cold and rainy this morning. Yick! We saw people standing outside of Best Buy on the way to the airport. My mom thought they were crazy but the truth is if we were not traveling today we would be outside some stores too. Once we arrived to the airport, there was snow on the cars there. Cleveland is having its first snowfall of the season today and we are flying across the world.
The check in process went fine at the airport. I had kind of checked in online but because this was an international flight with the requirement of visas it did not allow me to completely check in. At the ticket counter they verified our visas along with our passports, checked our luggage, and off we went through security. Our luggage is about 6 pounds heavier than they should be for Air China’s limit of 44 pounds but it was the best I could do. On Monday, we will deal with that. I realized that flying out at 6:00am on the Friday after Thanksgiving is a good day to fly. The airport was not crowded. Our flight was pretty empty. So far everything is going good.

Since it was snowing in Cleveland, they had to deice the plane. We had a window seat so we got to watch while they did it. It was pretty cool.

We are at Newark airport right now. We have a four-hour lay over here. We have walked around the airport and had a snack. Now I’m typing this up. Brian found me a mobile charging station so I could plug in the laptop. We do not want to use the battery if we don’t have to. Hopefully the next flight we go smoothly.


No comments:
Post a Comment