Monday, August 17, 2009

Day at Sea

Last night we went to dinner and we were seated in a table for six although the other couple did not show up. We are seated in a table in a special section that is elevated a little bit and has its own chandelier. It is quite nice. After dinner we went to a comedy show. The comedian was really funny. After that Brian and I went for hot chocolate and a cookie and ate it on our balcony.


Once we got up this morning we went for breakfast. Melissa called and wanted us all to play dodgeball this afternoon on a tournament. Dodgeball, really? But we agreed. That was our only definite plans of the day. Brian and I walked the outside track after breakfast. It was windy but a nice sunny day. We heard from people that last night we went through topical storm Ana and it was rough and stormy but we slept through it. It rained really hard, was windy, and there was lots of lightening. We were oblivious, but did notice the ship moving quite a bit. Today it has been beautiful.


We played basketball together but it was too windy to have any meaningful type of play. Then we went and signed up for internet and posted yesterday’s blog post while checking email. It was then time to exercise. The weight room is nice but it was a little crowded. They had a chin up bar for me so I was excited. Brian ran outside on the track which he finds fun because he gets to dodge people (perhaps good preparation for dodge ball this afternoon). I walked on the treadmill at the highest incline.

We met Melissa at the pool and it was time for dodgeball. The four of us were on a team and one extra guy joined us (he was actually good at it). Our team was called Team Adventure. The staff named us since we could not come up with a team name. We played for an hour different teams and we won the bronze metal. The boys played hard and Melissa and I collected the balls for the men and tried not to get hit. It was fun. I have not played dodgeball since elementary school. Even though we all thought Melissa was crazy for having us play, we all had a great time. At one point I was the only person in there for our team and I caught a ball to bring someone else in. I was so excited! I yelled, “Come help me!”



After dodgeball we all went to the buffet for lunch. Then we took some pictures. We were going to climb the rock wall but the line was too long, so maybe another day. Melissa and Jonathan played ping-pong. Then we came back to the room. Brian worked on the computer and I took a nap. Eventually Brian took a nap too. It is formal night on the ship. Melissa and Jonathan want us to get a picture of us spelling out OHIO in formal attire. That should be a cute picture. It is time to get ready for dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just checking in on you guys. It sounds like you are enjoying your trip so far. Dodge ball sounds like fun, there are a few people that I would like to take on in dodge ball (Amy, I am sure you could name who). Anyway, all is well here, hot and humid, typical week at work. Keep having fun, Later, Dawn.