
We arrived into Cairns at 9:30am. Our hotel was nice to allow us early check in. We called home this morning via Sype to wish everyone a happy New Year. It is neat to have done New Year’s Eve in Sydney Harbour and already have flown to another city while our family back home have not even celebrated yet.
We had reservations for Skyrail, Kuranda Scenic Railway, and Kuranda Koala Garden today at 11:45am. They picked us up from our hotel and we took a sky rail up on top of a mountain. During the sky rail there were 2 stops for the rainforest walks. During the sky rail, we saw an amazing waterfall. Then we were in the city of Kuranda for two hours. There I got to hold a koala bear! I was so excited. Koala bears are so cute. I really wanted to take her home with me but Brian said no. After our time in Kuranda, we took a train down the mountain. It was about an hour. It was a really good day. Especially since we are still going on two hours of sleep.
Once we got back to Cairns, we stopped at the grocery store and got some food. Many things are closed today since it is a holiday. Well we are tried so we are going to get sleep.


3 comments:
Happy New Year to you both. I just updated myself on your blog. I am really enjoying reading about your adventure and I am loving the pictures. My excitement on New Year's eve was making it to work alive in a sloppy snow mess. You know how I love driving in the snow at 6 in the morning. All I kept thinking was I gotta get to work because Amy is not there to bail me out!! Anyway, keep having fun and stay safe. Dawn.
It was so good to see and talk to you both last night. Enjoy the warm weather for it's only 26 here. Went to Pat and Carol's today and everyone missed you. Trying to book hotel just for Orlando for 2 nights. All is well here. Love you both Mom
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us each day.
You are true adventurers!!!
Love and prayers for a safe journey home.
Aunt Mary Ellen
Post a Comment