a bit. We did not get up until almost 9am. (Interesting note: Because of the time change, we go to bed (12am) around the time people back home are going to work (8am) in the morning and then get up (8am) around the time you are going home from work (4pm)). It should be fun once we get back home (if anyone from work is reading this, if we are sleeping at work once we get back, now you will know why – ha ha).We had a cruise critic meeting today at 10:30am (CruiseCritic.com). We got to meet people on the cruise who are members of cruise critic (which I am part of). It was good because we did meet a few younger people, which are the minority here. Also, a member from cruise critic arranged transportation to the penguin parade for us tomorrow. We gave him our money for that at the meeting. There are 77 people going. We were impressed that Celebrity arranged a dedicated ferry to tender this group to shore.
We knew that we had to exercise today too. Right after the cruise critic meeting we went to the gym. We have been walking around cities a lot but a good workout in the gym is always good too. We even ran outside on the jogging track after lifting weights. It was another beautiful day. It was sunny and in the 80’s.
I have had my challenges trying not to get sunburned. Right now all these areas are red: the tip of my nose, the top of my ears, my shoulders, and the back of my knees. It’s nothing too terrible, but nonetheless noticeably red. By the way, I have been wearing sunscreen all the time. Of course, Brian is getting tan and not red (so jealous).
We spent some time on our balcony reading. I am reading “The Lucky One” by Nicholas Sparks. I have already finished “Time of my Life” by Allison Winn Scotch. That was good but not a good as I thought it would be. Brian is reading several nonfiction books.
Brian watched Bruce Almighty on our stateroom TV. While the movie was on, I took a nap. Tonight is a formal night so after blogging, we are going to get dressed up. One reason I like cruising, is formal nights. It is always fun to get dressed up. Tonight I am going to wear my new black dress. I will post pictures of us on a later post (another sea day). Pictures on sea days will be whatever we come up with since we really do not take many pictures on these days.
What is going on with our Cleveland Cavs? When we are in town, things were going great. We leave and things seem to be falling apart. Everyone back home, please keep cheering for them and hopefully they will beat Boston on Friday. We are sad that we will miss that game. Any updates on that game would be appreciated. Brian is still holding out that ESPN international will show the game, but I am not so sure. They rarely broadcast but an occasional NBA game (as we learned while traveling during last years NBA playoffs).This trip has been everything we thought it would be and more. Australia is a remarkable country. The scenery is beautiful. The weather has been great. We got to do some amazing adventures. Out of all the places we have been, in my opinion this by far the best! Brian agrees.
Last night at dinner, we tried kangaroo. I know, I even had a bite. It was pretty good. I thought since we are here, I should at least try it.
Thanks for everyone posting your comments and we miss everyone back home. As we have learned, there is no place like home, but this trip has been amazing.


3 comments:
Hey there, Just thought I would check in. I will have you know that I am doing what I can in rooting for the cavs during your absence. It sure does bum me out when they lose. Anyway, I am just hopeful that they will win tonight and especially Friday. Nothing else is going on here besides it being a madhouse. Now that the holidays are over we are back to normal. Everything is open except for 5E. Well, thats all for now. Take care, Dawn.
Hi guys! We miss you. It's snowing here. Yuck. Enjoy the weather for me. I miss the sun :)
Do you miss me? I miss you. Everything is good here and else where. Next Tue/Wed lows -4 to -1 highs in the teens. Enjoy your warm weather. It's getting cold and snowy. Hope you're having fun. Love you Mom
Post a Comment