For some reason our stateroom has been quite warm. We have the thermostat set to the lowest setting, but it doe not seem to help. To compensate we have been sleeping with the balcony door open. That seems to fix things and we can hear the ocean at night, which is an added bonus.
We slept in until 9am then went to breakfast. After breakfast, we read our onboard US and Australian newspaper (the top stories were both weather related, but at opposite extremes). When we got back to our stateroom, we turned on CNN and learned of the plane crash in New York. It was amazing how well that turned out. Then we went to play basketball. After that I was ready for a nap so that is what I did. Brian worked on something (he is always working on something, no naps for him). Then Brian convinced me, I needed to get up and do something. So then we went to the gym.Because we are at port all day tomorrow, I started to pack today. Our garment bag is packed and our dirty laundry is in the other suitcase. It should be interesting to see if we are over the weight limit for our suitcases. Let’s hope not.
We have two more days of vacation left. Tomorrow (Saturday) we are zorbing. Our friends that we met while beaching dunning (and now sit at their dinner table) are going zorbing with us. So that should be fun. I scheduled a rental car to meet us at the port so we can drive ourselves there.
We arrive in Auckland on Sunday. We will explore the city on our own then go to the airport for our very long sequence of flights home.
While we are gone tomorrow, we are going to setup our laptop to tape the Cavs game (by pointing its web camera at the TV and leaving it recording ESPN all day – of course this was Brian’s idea. He said today’s test run was successful, so we are going through with it tomorrow). So please don’t tell us the results of the Friday night New Orleans game. We hope to watch it at the airport.
Sorry this blog post is a little short but I am in a lazy mood today (hence wanting to nap all day). I am enjoying my last relaxing day of vacation and cannot think of anything to write about for today. Hopefully I will be more talkative tomorrow.


2 comments:
Bad night, Cavs lost and Delonte is hurt. Delonte has a fractured right wrist....Amy you know I am bummed out by this. It is clear that it is time for both of you to get back here. The team needs you!!! Oh yeah and my car said -10 outside this morning to top it all off. Thank goodness it is friday!!
Oh baby it's COLD outside. Everything is closed here. Call Janet last night to see if they needed anything,they are ok. It's bitter cold. Dad likes his job. All is good here and there. Enjoy your last few days. Be happy to see you both!!! Love & Miss you Mom
Post a Comment