Yesterday I got up at 430am to get ready to leave. I had to be at my parents house at 600. It was a little harder with Brian not there. We have a system of who is responsible for what but with Brian already in Boston, it was all on me. I finally got everything together and made it to my parents on time. So far I have not noticed anything I forgot, so that's good.
At the airport, I checked and and dropped my suitcase off. After security I waited about half hour befoe my plane boarded. I was on a small plane to Philly. At Philly, I got a pumpkin muffin and talked with Melissa on my phone. I love pumpkin right now. Before I knew it it was time to board my plane to Boston. Both flights were only about an hour.Once in Boston I picked up my luggage and got a taxi to Brians hotel. I felt the taxi driver ripped me off but who knows. It was 50 from airport to downtown Boston. That's crazy (it turns out it was only $30 for the return trip, so he did screw me). I even got my own 50 lb suitcase out of the trunk myself!
After Brians conference was over we went for a walk downtown. We walked to Boston Commons park. It was a beautiful day... actually it was a little hot (mid 80's)! We just enjoyed the scenery and each other. We both know our vacations are going to change a lot after baby is born.
After walking around for a while, we took the subway back to our hotel. With being 21 weeks pregnant I cannot walk and keep up like before but I'm still pretty active. We went to dinner at a nice resturant in downtown. We got to eat outside. It was a great night. After dinner, we went on a ghost tour. We walked around for 90 minutes hearing stories and some history of Boston. It was fun. Then we took the subway back near our hotel. We are comfortable with subways because how much we have used them abroad. We stopped at the grocery store before going back to our hotel. The grocery store here is really cool. The have baskets on wheels and mini carts. There's many young students and business people buying something for lunch or dinner. It's neat to see.
After we got back to the hotel, we were exhausted so we went to bed. However at 3am we were awaken by a really loud alarm.
It took Brian a little bit to figure out what was going on. He thought it was the alarm clock which had gone off unprogrammed during his first night. I was quicker to realize that it was the fire alarm. We got up and dressed quickly grapping our phones, identification, and computer. A meassaged came on saying there is an emergency in the building. If you hear an alarm alarm immediately after the message, then you should evaculate immediately. A buzzard went off after the message and then it repeated. We weren't sure if the buzzer sound was the alarm or if we were supposed to wait for something else. We did not know what to do. We were on the 18th floor. I went into the hallway where other people were hanging out their doors too. We came to the conclusion that everything was fine and back to bed we went. The fire alarm lights in the hallway were not flashing. However it takes us forever to get back to sleep. Oh what an adventure. Don't they realize baby and I really need some sleep!Today Brian went to the conference and I packed up the room. After the conference we are going on a duck tour then off the the airport for a long 6 hour flight to LA. I'm not looking forward to that but then our travels should get easier.


No comments:
Post a Comment