Saturday, September 25, 2010

Boarding Ship

Yesterday morning, we went to Subway for breakfast. We have never had Subway for breakfast before. It was yummy. We hung out in our hotel room until noon which is when we had to check out. Brian did some work stuff. I did some laundry since Brian had already been gone from home for a week. There was a washer and dryer in our hotel.

Our hotel had a shuttle service to the port. It was about 5 minute drive. After we dropped off our luggage, we went to check in. I was nervous on how check in would go since we had such an issue with NCL finding out if I was allowed to sail. Before the cruise we spent at least 10 hours on the phone across more than 4 weeks to find out if they were going to allow me on the ship. I could not be 24 weeks at the end of cruise. It turns out that on the last day I will be 23 weeks and 6 days. That does not leave much room. People count differently on the number of weeks so we had to make sure it was okay (i.e. 23 weeks 1 day is still the 24th week of pregnancy, so what does 24 weeks really mean?). It was not an easy task. So we did not know what to expect. Well they did not mention a thing about being pregnant. I could not believe it! They didn’t even ask for the doctor’s note I was told to bring. Why did I go through all this effort again?

Once we got on board, we went to our stateroom. We have a balcony. It is nice to have a balcony. We have not had one for a while. Next we went to the buffet because once again I was hungry. Brian is trying to figure out how he is going to handle all my trips to the buffet. I don’t get too much when I go up there but I go more than usual. Then at times I will get things I don’t like (my taste buds are different these days), so I eat even less. Brian will like everything he gets so he is the one that ends up eating more.

I had fun unpacking. I always like to unpack and organize my new home. I don’t allow Brian to help because I want to decide on where things go. He gets a tour of the stateroom after I am finish. We don’t have much drawer space on the ship. Luckily I don’t have too many clothes since I cannot fit into much these days.

I was tired so I took a nap. Brian was tired too so he joined me. The next thing we knew it was 9pm. We missed the show because we slept though it. We also decided not to go to restaurant for dinner since it was so late. We had soup at the buffet. After that, we went back to bed. I am loving this trip.

Today we have been at sea all day. When we woke up, it was extremely foggy. The fog has not lifted much throughout the day. It is also cool with temperatures in the 60’s. I thought this was going to be a warm vacation. Tomorrow it is supposed to be around 90 so hopefully that will happen. We watched a movie in our stateroom. Brian set up the laptop and the TV so we could watch a DVD that we bought with us. We watched Mr. Books.

Tonight is formal night. I don’t have a real formal dress since I cannot fit to any of mine. I did not want to buy a new one so I did have a black dress that has spandex in it so that will be my formal dress for this trip. It’s time to get ready for dinner.

1 comment:

Ward5508 said...

They didn't know you were pregnant they just thought you were fat, like everybody else! JUST KIDDING! You look so cute in your little purple shirt and shorts with the baby bump! I love it! For once I think the 2 of you are acutally going to relax on a vacation. Enjoy it!

P.S. if they can't tell you are pregnant they are retarded.

HI BABY MATTIE, YOUR AUNTIE LOVES YOU!