We made into Sydney around 12:30pm (Sydney time). We were on the same plane that we took from LAX to Fiji. Again had a good flight but we were glad when it was over. Once in Sydney, we had to go through customs (absolutely no food allow through). Luckily we ate all that I had packed. Then get our luggage and went to the rental car place. Brian checked currency conversion. Sydney is better than LAX.
We have an automatic hatch back Toyoda Corolla. Brian realized having the car set up backwards from what we are use to and driving on the left side of the road can be quite a challenge. Our GPS that I rented through the rental car agency is also not that great! Its favorite phrase is “Turn left whenever possible.” It is a GPS. It should know when what streets are coming up! It gives us new appreciation for our Garmin back at home.
It took us twice as long as it should of to get to our hotel. It did not help that the hotel was not easy to find either! I was hoping to get to our hotel around 2:00pm but it was almost 3:30pm after we checked in. I am grateful we are here.
The plan for tonight was to go back downtown and see the city. We are both really tired and need to relax a bit. This trip is like all our others, we want to see and do as much as possible but starting off exhausted is not a good thing.
I knew the flight getting here was going to be terrible. I was dreading it! Part of me could not be excited for this trip because I kept thinking of the flights. Now that we are here, it was not a bad as I was thinking but I am really tired! There really is no room on planes to sleep. Unless you can sleep sitting up, you cannot sleep on a plane. Our flight to Sydney was pretty full. We did not have an extra seat and I was trying to nap and that did not work too well. Good thing we are finally here and the flight home will be a little shorter.
The weather is party sunny around 80. Ever since we left Fiji, we have been hot. Like my last post said, we were in winter clothes so that did not help. We finally took showers. I don’t know if I have ever had the same clothes on the amount of time I did. I felt really disgusting. I am much better now. 
Our hotel has a McDonald’s across the street with free WiFi. We are happy about that. The plan for tonight is plan out the next two days here and get some sleep. We will eat dinner at McDonald’s so we can post this entry. I think we are going to Blue Mountains early tomorrow morning and then downtown Sydney in afternoon/evening but we will confirm that later.
Job interviews in high unemloyment times
17 years ago


3 comments:
Hey guys!!! Just thought I would check in. I am here at work on this wonderful Monday morning, trying to get back into the swing of things afer being off for 4 days. I was glad to see that you both made it there safely. I will have to read through your blog later when I have more time. I miss you here already Amy and I have started my countdown until you return. As for the Cavs, another edge of your seat game last night. I think they are trying to give me a heart attack or at least some grey hair. Luckily they were able to come back and win the game. Andy had a great play at the end of the game. Anyway, I will check in later. Have fun!!!! Dawn.
Hi Kids, Happy you are safe and sound. Take care of each other. Oh by the way for each day you both are gone that's 4 hugs a day 2-Brian 2-Amy. Have fun. Love you both, Mom
Hi Brian and Amy:
Glad you made it without too much drama. Things here are ok, I talked with Nanny and Gramps and all is well. Weather good,but not as good as yours. Rained today but still in the 60's. Have a great time and take lots of pics. Thinking of you, love you both, Mom and Mike
Post a Comment